Installing Rigid Seedling Protection Tubes with Bamboo Stakes
These are installed after the seedling is planted. For the best
possible results, do your installation at the time of planting. However,
tubes may be installed on seedlings at any time.
- Starting at one end of the tube, weave a piece of bamboo in and out of the
mesh openings. Make at least three in and out passes. Keep the
bamboo running straight - in one column of the mesh openings. Stop
when the end of the stake is flush with the bottom of the tube.
- For the best possible installation, weave a second piece of bamboo into
the tube 180 degrees from the first. This is highly recommended for
windy areas and for areas that receive significant snow loads. Double
staking with bamboo is also recommended where cattle or other animals may
brush up against the tubes.
- Place the tube and bamboo over the seedling. The seedling branches
should be pointed up within the tube. Most importantly, the seedling
leader must be pointed up within the tube and not entangled in the mesh.
- Force the stakes into the ground by hand about six inches or until firm.
- The completed installation should be vertical.
- Price for 10 guards and 10 statkes.